Five Print Colors That Can Help Sales
One rule the Pacific Color Graphics team always keeps in mind: Don’t overdo a single color. Featuring one color in marketing campaigns can be overwhelming to the eye and fails to keep the attention of consumers.
Restraint is key.
It’s also possible to confuse consumers by using too many colors. This is especially true when, rather than complementing each other, the various colors clash.
Here is a list of colors that Pacific Color Graphics print and design professionals employ to achieve various marketing goals:
- Red is probably the most popular marketing color. Red commands attention and is intense. It reminds the viewer of power, passion, courage, strength, and desire. The color is often used in campaigns that call for quick buying decisions, which is why so many “Buy Now” signs and internet buttons are red. The color red raises blood pressure and quickens the pulse.
- Green is a calming color that conveys a pleasant, positive feeling. It’s long been associated with money, but also with the concept of safety. Today it is linked to earth-friendly products.
- Blue is another relaxing color. Blue instills a sense of trustworthiness and stability, and is particularly effective with men. Oddly, food brands stay away from the color, since it seems to suppress appetite.
- Purple is connected to royalty and conveys wisdom, luxury, and mystery. Because it appeals to females more than males, we increasingly see purple targeting lucrative women’s markets.
- Black invokes power, death, and evil – mostly negative connotations. However, black is effective with a youthful male audience, and as a background color, it gives any of the other colors extra pop.
Learn More about Color Concepts in Print Marketing
Pacific Color Graphics uses color expertise in all its digital marketing products, which include banner signs, point-of-sale displays, direct mail materials, and packaging design.
Learn more about the five print colors that can help sales and our other marketing concepts. Call 888-551-1482 today to speak to a Pacific Color Graphics representative or contact us online.